Symbolism. A pearl buried inside a tightly-shut shell is practically worthless. Government information is a pearl, meant to be shared with the public in order to maximize its inherent value.
The Transparency Seal, depicted by a pearl shining out of an open shell, is a symbol of a policy shift towards openness in access to government information. On the one hand, it hopes to inspire Filipinos in the civil service to be more open to citizen engagement; on the other, to invite the Filipino citizenry to exercise their right to participate in governance.
This initiative is envisioned as a step in the right direction towards solidifying the position of the Philippines as the Pearl of the Orient – a shining example for democratic virtue in the region.
I. Agency's Mandate, Mission, Vision, Goal, Functional Statements And List of Officials
Mandate. The Mendez Water (MWD) acquired the ownership and management of the existing water supply
system in Mendez, Cavite from National Waterworks and Sewerage Authority NAWASA) on
October 28, 1989 in accordance with Presidential Decree No. 198
(The Provincial Water Utilities Act of 1973) as amended. The MWD was issued Conditional Certificate of Conformance (CCC) NO. 424 dated November 24, 1989
after it complied with the minimum requirements of the local utilities administration. Since then, the water district
operates and maintains the water supply system of Mendez, Cavite.
Mission. It Belives thatSupply of Potable Water is a Vital Part of Community Progress.
It Belives that the Water Provided by the District is the Source of life of the citizenry of Mendez.
It is commited to public service through a good and beneficial relationship with its Clientele.
Vision. The District as an independent government body envisioned to provide ample water supply to
promote community development and progress. It also dreams of developing a staff that
will place public service as its top priority.
Goal. To improve its system 100% through a twenty four hour water supply and the continuing expansion
of its service connections.
1) Expand the water facilities to accommodate the projected programs of the
organization and its service to the community.
2) Provide for the long term financial stability.
3) Achieve and maintain outstanding customer service.
4) Enhance the competencies and skill of the staff on basic workplace skills through
personal development programs.
Functional Statement :
1. Responsible for the District’s activities related to human resources management involving programs
and operations, training and development, communication and business formation.
2. Responsible for the recruitment and selection, employees’ contract and compensation, employee
relations, personnel mechanisms, leave and benefits administration, performance evaluation.
3. · Responsible for supplies management and general services.
1. Provides a 100% customer satisfaction and a worry-free and quality service in the · customer service.
2.Keeping and updating of concessionaire ledger and billing system.
3. ·Responsible for meter reading, disconnection and reconnection of water service.
4. ·Monitoring of Accounts receivable and other collectibles.
5. Proper handling of customer’s queries, complaints, suggestion and other related · matters.
1.Responsible for the agency’s effective implementation of budget policies and guarantee
·the financial stability of the District.
2. It provides services in accounting and internal audit, budgeting, cash management,
purchasing and financial planning, reporting and record keeping.
Engineering and Maintenance Division.
1. Support the agency’s mission through maintenance and overall of the water system/facilities,
management of expansion projects and sewerage system to serve a
100% satisfied concessionaires.
2. It is responsible in engineering design, preparation of program of work, inspection of construction
work in progress in compliance with the standards in planning.
3. It is also responsible for maintenance, repair of leakages and operation of water mains, hydrants,
valves, water services and leak detection, installation of distribution lines, rehabilitation and
upgrading of water facilities, inspection/installation of new service connections, well –planned sewerage system and preparation of long – term plan.
1. Responsible for a well – operation and management of the agency’s water sources and
ensure that sustainable, safe and potable water will be provided, contributing to a more
2. It provides technical services in maintenance and protection of pumping and storage
facilities, water treatment, overseeing pumping operations, water supply maintenance,
water sampling and laboratory testing, watershed management and environmental
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
We use proprietary and third-party cookies to improve your experience and our services and analyze the use of our website.
By clicking "OK" or navigating this site, you accept the placement and use of these cookies for these purposes.
To learn more about our cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy